The Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales process, including prospecting, lead generation, customer acquisition and retention. They are also responsible for coaching and mentoring the sales team.
In addition to these responsibilities, the Sales Manager will also be responsible for a customer portfolio and will work closely with the customer to ensure their needs are met.
- Develop customer relationships and maintain customer satisfaction by providing new product information, training and troubleshooting.
- Work with marketing to optimize sales opportunities through new product development.
- Execute on territory plans by creating a plan that includes time management, scheduling appointments, creating reports and forecasting.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members with the goal of increasing their productivity.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about company products.
- Assist with monthly revenue forecast.
- Provide feedback to management about sales trends in order to make decisions about future products or services or territory strategy changes