I would now like to explore a new horizon in retail field and looking to obtain Area Manager Position or Senior level position. I am a detail-oriented retail professional with excellent managerial skills and ability to effectively prioritize assignments. Proficient in overseeing retail store operation and achieving sales goals. Bringing 12+ year’s progressive experience in various formats of retail environment to drive sales and visual merchandising.
Work & Experience
• Managing an 18000sqm ASHLEY Furniture Home Store,160 million annual turnover Showroom, More than 100 staffs are working under my supervision, Ast.Manager, Customer service executive ,Floor Supervisor, sales staffs and other back office staffs and support staffs • Leading, influencing and the professionally developing of the team by engaging people. • The majority of my time is spent with my team mates providing inspiration, guidance, feedback, encouragement and, when necessary, corrective disciplinary action. • Lead the charge toward selling through coaching, feedback, follow-up and recognition • Conduct motivating store meetings/pre-shift huddles; energize through positive communication • Assist sales team through customer interaction, closing sales and making good selling business decisions • Provide positive communication in the delivery of all company initiatives by adhering to the company’s Vision, Mission, & Values • Complete operational duties with the assistance of a store administrator such as scheduling, payroll, reviewing of sales orders, in-house inventory, etc.
• Developing business strategies to raise our customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability • Meeting sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to sales staff • Ensuring high levels of customers satisfaction through excellent service • managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control; • managing and motivating a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency; • analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales; • providing or organising training and development; • responding to customer complaints and comments; • organising special promotions, displays and events; • updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues; • touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers and identifying or resolving urgent issues; • maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing; • initiating changes to improve the business, e.g. revising opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market.
• Retail target planning for quarterly and monthly – with ability to manage / mitigate goal setting • Strong analytics to drive sell thru analysis and action plan for improvement • Strong Planning and attention to detail • Working understanding of merchandise performance and planning within a store environment • Ability to manage franchisee Operations organization – provide input and actionable operations advice • Strong problem-solving and decision-making at store level / MSF retail operations levels • Data interpretation influencing of outcome wrt sell in and assortment as required • Understanding of consumer shopping behavior and driving store staff capability to leverage this • Process orientation • Disciplined execution bias Functional Competencies • SALES: Drives sales growth and profitable sell-through in LS&CO. controlled retail distribution channels. • FINANCIAL ACUMEN: Drives the key financial levers and performance measures to hit or exceed plan. Overall accountability for P&L and balance sheet. • CONSUMER EXPERIENCE: Creates a consumer experience that surprises and delights through both a flawless execution of the 3D expression of the brand and an engaging customer service experience. • CONSUMER & MARKET INSIGHT: Externally focused on the market and consumer ; gathers and analyses market intelligence • OPERATIONS LEADERSHIP : Monitors, feedback and coach store staff to ensure store operations and customer service standards are met _____________________________________________________________________________
• Heading an EBO store -Allen Solly & additional responsibilities as Buddy Manager. • Implementations and administrations of performance management& improvement system as well as compensation & benefits. • Management of business & compliance with regulatory guidelines. • Overall employee & franchisee relationship & business development. • Maintain high standards of visual appearance and display: • Promotion of fast moving stock: • Merchandise story wise, category-wise: • Highest standards of customer service: • Handling customer complaints Optimization of sales and targets yoy basis: • Inventory management (inward outward, Shop floor & Back store, stock count etc): • MIS reports: Periodic reports:. • Co-ordination with GM, Purchase dept, vendors etc. Co-ordination amongst staff to achieve targets: Training, meetings and follow-ups with staff • Ensure awareness, vigilance, security and confidentiality: • Plans for seasonal promotions: • Aging and old stock clearance: • Delegating tasks among staff: • Minimizing Stock Loss in line with targets.
• Joined as a Team Member. • Department was mainly for Books, Music & Stationeries. • Taken care of Stock requisition & replenishment, organising promotional activity for better business growth. • Looked after entire departments visual display.